adapted from this website
Cookies with Mint Glaze Recipe
2 large egg yolks (reserve whites for frosting)
2 cups sugar
1 lb (2 cups)Goat Yogurt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
*5 cups rice flour
Mint Glaze Ingredients:
2 large egg whites
2 cups powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
How to Make Coookies: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
1. In a stand mixer, whisk together 2 egg yolks and 2 cups sugar until consistency of snow, whisk in 2 cups goat yogurt until creamy.
2. Put 1 tsp baking soda in a small ramekin and add about 1/2 teaspoon vinegar just to get it to bubble, mix it together slightly. Add to the mixing bowl.
3. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp vanilla extract then whisk everything together until well blended.
4. Using the dough hook, alowly add rice flour, about 1/2 cup at a time, so that it mixes more thoroughly. Dough will be very sticky.
5. Scoop 1 heaping teaspoon of dough into hands and form into balls about the size of golf balls and slightly flatten.
6. Place the cookies on prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 25-28 minutes (mine took 25 min), or until just barely beginning to golden. Remove immediately.
7. As soon as they come out of the oven, dip each cookie into the glaze (see instructions below) and spread the glaze evenly over the tops using your fingers to spread the glaze works best. After it is glazed, place cookie on a cool dry surface for the glaze to dry.
8. By the time you are finished glazing the tops, they will have hardened so you can start turning them over and glazing the bottoms. Make sure glaze completely covers the cookie, it will keep the cookie soft longer. The glaze should become firm quickly, then serve.
How to make Mint Glaze:
1.On high speed. Beat together the egg whites until it is a thick foam and has tripled in volume (2-3 min).
2. Reduce speed to the lowest setting and add powdered sugar, lemon juice and peppermint extract until well blended. Scrape down the bowl as necessary using a spatula.
3. Set to medium speed (speed 4) for about 2 minutes until it is creamy. It mixes together quickly (do not beat the mixture too much or it will become watery)